People with special needs can rely on the services, offered in two of the hotels in Sandanski – Pirin Park hotel***** and Interhotel Sandanski****.
The towns of Sandanski and Melnik offer opportunities for visit of the following accessible tourist sites:
1. Archeological park Sandanski, including Archeological museum, Early-Christian complex and Bishop’s basilica with baptisterium and martirium.
2. Sveti Vrach town park with sandy paths, partial asphalt and pavement.
3. Villa Melnik Winery – a tour of the winery and getting familiar with the stages of wine production and tasting.
4. Open theater and town square – for all festivals and concerts.
5. Melnik architectural reserve – accessible main street, partly covered with paving stones at the beginning and continues with hard sandy road. There are several accessible taverns and guest houses along the town.
6. Rozhen monastery – from the parking you continue on a hard sandy road (200 m) that leads to the monastery. When entering the temple, there is a small hindrance (wooden gate threshold) and the pavement in the yard is of paving stones and slab stones. For entering the monastery church, you have to climb 3 steps.